Toyota did not make a mistake when they decided to develop the Lexus, their luxury car line. More than a million Lexus cars were bought since its first launching. Discriminating car lovers patronized these cars because of their comfort, docile performance and great style.
In order to bring the car up to speed, the car manufacturer decided to freshen up its image so that the car will appeal to a broader kind of audience. The car now sports the new ES’s styling. It wears the spindle better than the standard Lexus cars it is attached to.
A Brief Look at Lexus’ History
Originally, the Lexus line was developed through a secret flagship sedan project of Toyota which started in 1983. The code name of the project was F1. It resulted in the launching of the original Lexus in 1989. Over the years, a number of car styles were added such as the sedan, coupe, convertible and SUV models.
Lexus launched its hybrid version, the RX in 2005. Later, in 2007, it introduced its own F marque performance division by launching the IS F sport sedan. This was followed by the launching of the LFA supercar in 2009.
Current Lexus Car Models
To cater for the different styles and budgets of their customer, Lexus has continually upgraded their car models. Here are some of its current vehicles in the market.
- IS – with IS 250 RWD 60°V6 TYPE 2.5 L DISPLACEMENT engine, and 204 horsepower at 6,400 RPM.
- ES – with ES 350 60°V6 TYPE 3.5 L DISPLACEMENT engine, rated at 268 hp @ 6,200 [email protected]
- GS – with GS 350 RWD 60° V6 TYPE 3.5 L DISPLACEMENT engine rated at 306 hp at 6400 HORSEPOWER RPM
- LS – with LS 460 RWD 90°V8 TYPE 4.6 L DISPLACEMENT engine, rated at 386 hp at 400 RPM.
- RC with RC 350 RWD 60°V6 ENGINE 3.5 L DISPLACEMENT engine rated at 306 hp at 6,400 RPM
- IS C – with IS 250 C 60°V6 TYPE 2.5 L DISPLACEMENT engine rated at 204 hp at 6,400 RPM
Lexus Latest Innovation
One of the most notable innovations that Lexus has come up with is its Sustainable Steering. In the latest Lexus GS 450h, the connection between the car and the driver is enhanced and kept pure by incorporating a bamboo steering wheel.
This wheel was developed by the designer after attaching a pressure-sensitive material to his hands to measure the stress points on the wheel.
Follow Us on Facebook
Straight To Your Inbox
Get the latest Automotive news and performance tests straight to your inbox!