Jaguar has a very long and colorful history in the automobile industry. Did you know that the Jaguar C-type and D-type sports racing car was able to beat other rivals like Mercedes Benz and Ferrari in the 1950s at least five times? That is how efficient this car is when it comes to power and speed.
Brief History of Jaguar
Jaguar was established in 1922 originally as the Swallow Sidecar Company. It built motorcycle sidecars before it entered into car manufacturing. After World War II, the company name was changed to Jaguar to avoid being associated with the SS initials owing to the harrowing things that this organization did during the war.
The company merged with British Motor Corporation in 1966, and then merged again with Leyland Motor Corporation and became known as British Leyland. Jaguar has been manufacturing cars for the Prime Minister of Britain in recent years. For instance, an XJ was delivered to the PM in May 2010.
Current Models of Jaguar
There are many Jaguar car models available in the market today. Here are some of them:
XF Series – these are luxury sedans with outstanding sports performance
- XF 2.0T Premium – this car has a 240 horsepower, 2.0L i4 Turbocharged engine.
- XF 3.0 Premium – this car is equipped with a 340 horsepower, 3.0L V6 Supercharged engine.
- XF Supercharged – this car has a 470 horsepower 5.0L V8 Supercharged engine.
- XFR – this car is equipped with a 510 horsepower 5.0L V8 Supercharged engine.
- XFR-S – this car has a 550 horsepower 5.0L V8 Supercharged engine.
XJ Series – these are luxury sedans, spacious, sleek and powerful, yet agile as a cat.
- XJ – this car is equipped with a 340 horsepower 3.0L V6 Supercharged engine.
- XJ AWD – this car also comes with a 340 horsepower 3.0L V6 Supercharged engine.
- XJ Supercharged – this car is equipped with a 470 horsepower 5.0L V8 Supercharged engine.
- XJR – this car has a 550 horsepower 5.0L V8 Supercharged engine.
Latest Innovations of Jaguar
Jaguar uses concept cars to map their future. Here are some of this company’s current innovations.
- CX17 Concept Car – this car is Jaguar’s first sports crossover concept car. It showcases the car company’s all-new intelligent aluminum architecture. The concept allows the company to deliver a wide range of models without compromising the uniqueness, luxury and performance of the car.
- CX16 Concept Car – this car combines Jaguar’s proven and tested car making expertise with sustainable powertrain technologies. Its aluminum body work is wrapped very tightly around its technologically advanced mechanical parts.