Top 25 Most Expensive Cars in the World
Last Updated: January 8, 2023
These are dream cars in the truest sense of the word, because not only are they insanely expensive, but they are also reserved and offered only to whom the manufacturer deems worthy. In short, it’s not enough to have the money; you must be considered good enough to be offered the car, which is what sets them apart from the rest.
1. Bugatti La Voiture Noire $18.68MIt is based on the Chiron with some body modifications to look like a grand touring more than a supercar. Its power is still not known but its top speed and acceleration times will be lower than the standard Chiron. Even though it’s not yet produced it has already been sold.
2. Bugatti Centodieci $9M (est.)Centodieci is also based on the Chiron. The body has been modified by Bugatti to look more like a re-invention of the Bugatti EB110, which revives the Bugatti name. On top of that, it was one of the fastest supercars at that time from 1991-1995. Power output would remain similar to the Chiron, but the top speed and acceleration will most likely be slower. There will only be ten Centodieci produced.
3. Bugatti Divo $5.7M (est.)Divo is also based on the Chiron that has been heavily modified to be more track oriented that street tarmac. Its name is from the French racing driver, Albert Divo, who raced for Bugatti in 1920s. It is 8 seconds quicker around Nardo race track than the Chiron. Its modifications include from weight reduction to aerodynamics which produce more down force for a better grip. Because of the modifications, its top speed is about 236 mph or 380 km/h. Only 40 units were produced.
4. Lamborghini Veneno $4MThe Veneno was built for the company’s 50th anniversary, and it clearly shows it in the price, design and power. The V12 engine produces 750 horsepower and can go from 0 to 60 mph in 2.8 seconds. As powerful as the car is, a convertible version is already in the works that promises more speed and power. At $4 million dollars, you truly get maximum speed and luxury.
5. Pagani Huayra Roadster BC $3.7M (est.)Huayra Roadster BC was introduced in 2019 and it weighs only 2,683 pounds (1,217 kg). It has 6.0-liter twin turbocharged V12 that produces an astonishing 789 hp and 738 lb-ft of torque. Only 40 units will be produced.
6. McLaren Sabre $3.5M (est.)Sabre was introduced in 2020, developed specifically for the US market. It is based on McLaren Senna that has been modified from body to engine. It has 4.0-liter twin turbocharged V8 that produces 824 hp. According to McLaren, it is the fastest 2-seat McLaren with a top speed of 218 mph or 351 km/h. Only 15 units will be produced.
7. W Motors Lykan Hypersport (tie)$3.4MThis is one of the most expensive and mysterious supercars today, because there’s not really a lot of information known about it. What is known is that the Hypersport comes from Lebanon, has a top speed of 245 mph, goes from 0 to 60 mph in 2.7 seconds and all of this on a V6, which isn’t as powerful as those used by other cars. Yet when it comes to power and speed, the Hypersport delivers.
7. Mansory Vivere: Bugatti Veyron (tie)$3.4MIf there’s a car on this list that doesn’t need any introduction, it’s the Bugatti Veyron. The car has a maximum speed of 254 mph, and that’s something you will expect given the 1200 horsepower its engine provides. This Veyron isn’t as fast as the Super Sport, but it doesn’t lack in the aesthetics department, and its combination of power, speed and price has made it into a modern legend.
8. Ferrari F60 America $3.2MThe F60 was built to celebrate six decades of the Prancing Horse in the US. Inspired by the classic Berlinetta, the blue and white F60, when at full tilt, can reach speeds of up to 200 mph and go from 0 to 60 mph in 3.1 seconds flat. None of these should be surprising though given the fact that the F60 has a V12 engine churning out 740 horsepower.
9. Aston Martin Valkyrie (tie)$3M (est.)1st hybrid supercar from Aston Martin will start production in 2021. It will be very rare because according to Aston Martin they will only ever produce 150 units. Car's powertrain will include 6.5-liter naturally aspired V-12 plus electric motor with total output of 1,160 hp and 664 lb-ft of torque that is sent thru the rear wheels. The whole car should only weigh up to 2,425 pounds or 1,100 kg.
9. GMA T.50 (tie)$3M (est.)T.50 is designed by famous designer Gordon Murray who designed McLaren F1. According to Gordon Murray Automobile, T.50 will start production in 2022. T.50 is inspired by F1 so its power comes from 4.0-liter V12 that was designed by British Cosworth and will have mild 48 volt hybrid system. Total output is expected to produce 654 hp and 344 lb-ft of torque that will be translate thru 6-speed manual transmission. Total weight of T.50 should be less than 2,200 pounds (998 kg). It will have a 3-seating position similar to F1 and it will have a fan-controlled aerodynamic system that controls the down force that a supercar needs.
10. Bugatti Chiron $2.998MChiron supercar started production in 2016 and it comes in a coupe body style only. There are many different Chiron trims that offer different aerodynamic or power outputs. Its power comes from an 8.0-liter quad-turbocharged W16 that pumps out 1,479 hp which is translated thru all wheel drive. It is the largest engine currently in production. Its top speed is 261 mph or 420 km/h according to Bugatti.
11. Koenigsegg Jesko $2.84MJesko is a track-oriented high performance supercar that is powered by 5.0-liter twin turbo V8 that produces 1,280 hp and 1,106 lb-ft of torque but on E85 it produces 1,600 hp. Koenigsegg designed its own 9 speed transmission with 7 clutches that is lighter than most dual clutch transmissions on the market and can handle over 1,000 lb-ft of torque. As with majority of supercars, they are made of carbon fiber (plastic) from chassis to body. It comes with climate control, 9.0” touchscreen infotainment and surround-view camera system. Total of 125 units is planned for production.
12. Mercedes-AMG One $2.72M (est.)AMG One is mid-engine plug in hybrid supercar coupe from Mercedes that will start production in 2021. It is powered by a Formula One engine. Engine displacement is only 1.6-liter electrically turbocharged V6 with electric motors that is transferred thru all wheel drive. Total power is a little bit over 1,000 hp and weight for car is projected at only 2,866 pounds (1,300 kg). Mercedes will only build 275 units of AMG One and they have all been sold already.
13. Lamborghini Sian FKP 37 $2.64M (est.)It is the 1st hybrid supercar from Lamborghini that was introduced in 2020. It is related to the Aventador so its power comes from a 6.5-liter naturally aspired V-12 plus an electric motor with total output of 807 hp. Claimed top speed is more than 200 mph or 322 km/h. Lamborghini will only build 63 coupes and 19 roadster units. FKP 37 comes from VW Group chairman Ferdinand Karl Piëch's initials and the year he was born (1937).
14. Pininfarina Battista $2.5M (est)It is based on a Rimac Nevera, this supercar Pinifarina Battista is also battery electric. It has almost 1,900 hp and 1696 lb-ft of torque with the same 120-kWh battery as Nevera. It also uses carbon fiber (plastic) chassis from the Nevera. The body is also made of carbon fiber. It has 4 electric motors at each wheel just like the Nevera does. Its top speed is claimed of 217.5 mph or 350 km/h and the plan is to produce up to 150 total units.
15. Rimac Nevera $2.4MIt is a battery electric hypercar that comes from Croatia. Nevera name is taken from Adriatic Sea storm that occasionally ravages Croatia's coast. Nevera has 1,914 hp and 1,741 lb-ft of torque from 4 electric motors at each wheel. It uses the 120-kWh battery which transfers power thru all wheels drive. It should propel the car from 0-60 in under 1.95 seconds and Rimac claims the top speed will be 258 mph or 415 km/h. Nevera's structure and body is made of carbon fiber (plastic) and even then the car still weighs over 4,700 pound (2.1 tones plus) which is a lot for supercars. They plan to produce a total of 150 units.
16. Koenigsegg Regera $2.213MRegera is a hybrid supercar that been introduced in 2016. It is a grand tourer with targa top body style. Its power comes from 5.0-liter twin turbo V8 and 3 electric motors. Total combined power output is 1,500 hp and 1,475 lb-ft of torque. It only has a single speed transmission like most electric cars. In addition, it also has a 4.5-kWh battery. Total weight is less than 3,600 pounds (1.6 ton). It is able to go from 0-249-0 mph in only 31.49 seconds. There will only be 80 units produced which are already sold.
17. McLaren Speedtail $2.2M (est)Speedtail production started in 2020 and will be limited to only 106 units (already sold). That's the same number as F1 that Speedtail is inspired from. Interior seating layout is similar to the F1 with 3 seats. Its 4.0-liter twin turbocharged V8 with hybrid powertrain produces 1,035 hp and is capable of reaching top speed of 250 mph or 403 km/h according to McLaren. It does not have side mirrors and uses side cameras instead.
18. Hennessey Venom F5 (tie)$2.1MAs with majority supercars on this list they are all made in small limited numbers. The Venom F5 is planed for only 24 units total, of which 12 are already sold. Originally priced at $1.6 million, the price has already increased to $2.1 million. Venom F5 is named after F5 tornado as the highest rating on the Fujita scale speed of tornados. F5 chassis and body will be made of carbon fiber (plastic) in the UK by a longtime partner Delta Motorsport but final assembly will be done in Texas. Total weight of the car is claimed at around 3,000 pounds (1361 kg). Power comes from a 6.6-liter twin turbo V8 spinning out 1,817 hp and 1,192 lb-ft of torque on E85 fuel. They claim the top speed to be 311 mph or 500 km/h. If it does achieve it, it will be the fastest production supercar in the world.
18. Lotus Elvija (tie)$2.1MNot only is that a brand new design in more than a decade from Lotus, but it is also the first battery electric design that comes from Lotus. The production will start in 2021 and will be limited to only 130 lucky buyers. It features 4 electric motors placed at each wheel with a single speed planetary transmission. Total power output is expected at 1,972 hp and 1,254 lb-ft of torque. Lotus claims 0-60 in under 3 seconds and top speed of more than 199 mph or 320 km/h.
19. Bentley Mulliner Bacalar Convertible $1.9M (est.)Mulliner Bacalar convertible is based on the 3rd generation Bentley Continental GT with improvements and changes on both the exterior and interior. It is handmade and the wood used in the interior is 5000 years old that has fallen naturally and was preserved in lakes and rivers. Bacalar will be very rare because only 12 units will ever be produced. Power comes from 6.0-liter twin turbocharged W12 that produces 650 hp and 667 lb-ft of torque. Bentley claims top speed of more than 200 mph or 322 km/h.
20. Ferrari Monza SP $1.85M (est)Started production in 2019, Monza SP1 is a one-seat while SP2 is two seats open top speedster. They are powered by naturally aspired 6.5-liter V-12 which pumps out 799 hp and 530 lb-ft of torque. Its top speed is only 186 mph or 299 km/h which is very low for a Ferrari. Production is limited to only 499 units according to Ferrari.
21. Koenigsegg Gemera $1.8MGemera is another hybrid supercar from Koenigsegg that is expected to start production in 2021. It is a grand tourer and it will be the first Keonigsegg to offer 2+2 seating. It is powered by a 2.0-liter twin turbo inline-3 designed by Koenigsegg and 3 electric motors, one at each rear wheel and one at crankshaft. Keonigsegg claim this plug in hybrid will have up to 31 miles (50 km) of electric range (optimistic Euro cycle) on 15-kWh battery. Total combined power is 1,677 hp and 2,581 lb-ft of torque. Koenigsegg claims the 0-60 should be under 2 seconds and top speed at around 248.5 mph or 400 km/h. Total of only 300 units will be produced.
22. McLaren Elva $1,695,500Elva is a carbon fiber open top speedster where McLaren Active Air Management System (AAMS) pops the panel at front of the hood to move air around the passenger compartment almost like a “virtual windshield”. It started production in 2020 and originally planned to produce 399 units but McLaren reduced to only 249 units. It has a 4.0-liter twin turbocharged V8 with 804 hp and 590 lb-ft of torque.
23. Koenigsegg One (tie)$1.3MKoenigsegg has become renowned for their superfast cars, and the One:1 is one of their strongest efforts yet. For starters, this is the only road car that has a 1:1 weight to power ratio. The 1340 weight by the way includes the driver and full fluids. And what do you get for all that? You get a car that zooms from 0 to 250 mph in less than 20 seconds, and according to Koenigsegg, has a top speed of 273 mph.
23. Pagani Huayra (tie)$1.3MThe Huayra has a top speed of 230 mph and over 740 lb-ft torque, something you will rarely see in other luxury super cars today. Take a peek under the hood and you’ll see the twin turbo charged AMG 6.0-liter V12, and yes, the design is still very much like Pagani.
23. Ferrari LaFerrari (tie)$1.3MFerrari has manufactured a number of classic luxury cars, and this V12 powered ride is one of the best yet. Drive the car in standard mode and you’ll get a hefty 789 horsepower, which puts most cars to shame. But if you want more power, activate the defibrillator and watch the Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) generate 950 horsepower.
24. Zenvo ST1 $1.2MManufactured from Denmark, the Zenvo ST1 runs on a powerful 7 L V8 engine, which makes it good enough for a maximum speed of 233 mph. In addition, the car can go from 0-60 mph in less than 3 seconds. However, there’s still some question as to how fast the Zenvo can really go as more driving tests are necessary. Even so, the car has earned a place on this list.
25. Hennessey Venom GT (tie)$1.1MAccording to Hennessey, the Venom is capable of reaching a top speed of 287 mph, and is locked in a tight battle with the Veyron Super Sport for the title of the world’s fastest legal street car. As impressive as the Venom’s design is its power, with a twin turbo liter V8 engine producing a staggering 1,500 horsepower. The Venom goes from 0 to 60 in two seconds flat.
25. McLaren P1 (tie)$1.1MThe McLaren P1 is a worthy successor to the legendary McLaren F1, with a maximum speed of 217 mph and going from 0 to 60 in only 2.6 seconds. Plus, the P1 reaches 182 mph in 16.5 seconds, and the brake power is one of the most impressive in any luxury supercar. Another one of the strengths of the P1 is the quality control, something that McLaren has always been known for. While the P1 not the fastest car here, it’s still a beauty.
Out of these incredibly expensive cars, which one is your favorite and why?
Tell Us What You Think
Login to make a comment...