You would not think that Lamborghini, one of the most fabulous cars in the world is made by a maker of farm tractors. Yes, that is true. The original name of the company is Lamborghini Trattori. The owner of the company was just inspired by the owner of Ferrari to shift his creative powers to muscle cars.
At present, Lamborghini cars are one of the most expensive cars in the world because of their sleek car designs, excellent quality materials, and very powerful engines. Only a very few, usually the moneyed elite, can buy these very special cars.
Lamborghini’s Brief History
The car factory of Lamborghini was established in 1963 by its owner, Ferruccio Lamborghini. Ferruccio is an Italian manufacturing magnate. He rose from making farm tractors to making one of the fastest cars in the world in order to compete with Ferrari, the already established muscle car manufacturer at that time.
Lamborghini grew rapidly during its first decade of operations but suffered financial setbacks afterwards. It was acquired by Chrysler Corporation in 1987, which sold it to Mycom Setdco and V’Power Corporation in 1984.
This company is now producing sports cars and V12 engines for offshore powerboat racing.
Current Car Models of Lamborghini
Being a producer of high-end car, Lamborghini only makes limited car models. Its car line-up includes the following:
- LP 610-4 – this car is powered by a V10 90° 40 valve engine, with a displacement of 5,204 cubic centimeters. It can produce maximum horsepower of 610 CV (449 kW) at 8,250 RPM.
- LP 620-2 Super Trofeo – this car has the same engine as the LP 610-4.
- LP 700-4 – this car is equipped with a V12 60° MPI engine, with a displacement of 6,498 cubic centimeters and has a maximum power of 700 CV at 8,250 RPM.
- LP 700-4 Roadster – this car is equipped with the same engine as the LP 700-4.
Special Limited Editions
- LP 570-4 Squadra Corse – this car has a 10 cylinder V 90° DOHC 4 valves, common-pin crankshaft engine. It has a displacement of 5,204 cubic centimeters and has a maximum power of 570 CV at 8,000 RPM.
- LP 720-4 50° Anniversario – this car comes with a V12 60° MPI engine with a displacement of 6,498 cubic centimeters and can deliver a maximum power of 720 CV at 8,250 RPM.
The latest Lamborghini cars utilize a number of technological innovations. These include carbon fiber parts and chassis which reduce the overall weight of the car, and the newly developed powertrain which only weighs 235 kilos.